1. For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies.
Refrain: Lord of all to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.
2. For the wonder of each hour,
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon, and stars of light.
3. For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild.
4. For the church, that evermore
Lifteth holy hands above,
Offering up on every shore
Her pure sacrifice of love.
5. For Thyself, best Gift Divine.
To our race so freely given,
For that great, great love of Thine,
Peace on earth and joy in Heaven.
back to top