1. Abide with me; falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When other helpers, fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, abide with me.
2. Thou on my head, in early youth didst smile;
And, though rebellious, and perverse meanwhile,
Thou hast not left me, oft as I left Thee,
On to the close Lord, abide with me.
3. I need Thy presence, every passing hour.
What but Thy grace, can foil the tempter�s power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, abide with me.
4. I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless
Ills have no weight, tears lose their bitterness
Where is thy sting death? Where grave thy victory?
I triumph still, abide with me.
5. Hold Thou Thy cross, before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom, and point me to the skies.
Heaven�s morning breaks, and earth�s vain shadows flee;
In life, in death, Lord, abide with me.
� 2007 Justin Smith Music.
Used by permission. All rights reserved.
back to top